Thursday, September 12, 2013

Office Space - Chochkie's Deconstructed Jalapeno Popper Pizza


1999
Work doesn't suck, what sucks are demeaning, mind-numbing, thankless, robotic, soul sucking jobs, I think that's the essence of this movie. I think this dialogue sums up so much... 
Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Slydell: I beg your pardon?
Peter Gibbons: Eight bosses.
Bob Slydell: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

When I made the menu for this movie, I remembered the Chochkie's waiter spiel as Potato Skins and Extreme Poppers. What it actually was - Pizza Shooters, Shrimp Poppers and Extreme Fajitas. Really, I think any recreation from the garbage those american corporate chain restaurants this movie spoofs will work. I wanted to do a mash up with the popper concept because I have tried to make poppers several times before and as it turns out, I just don't have the jalapeno popper gene. I do however have the pizza gene. It's really a deconstructed jalapeno popper and I really loved it a lot!



Crust:
3 cups flour
1 TB sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp onion power (optional)
2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
1 packet active dry yeast
1 cup warm water

Mix the flour and salt, set aside. Put the sugar in a bowl, add the warm water and yeast. Let sit for a minute until the yeast get foamy. Mix the water/yeast mixture with the flour mixture, add 1 TB olive oil and knead for about 10 minutes. coat a large bowl with olive oil, lightly coat the dough ball with olive oil, cover the dough bowl with a warm moist towel and let sit for 30 minutes. Add onion and garlic powder, if using, knead again for 10 minutes, roll out your dough and add your sauce and toppings.

Jalapenos:
8-10 jalapenos, with gloves on, stem and slice in half, then remove the ribs and seeds. It will still be spicy, but if you like pain, leave in the ribs and seeds. Or just choose something in between. Coat with oilve oil, sprinkle with sea salt and roast at 400 for 20-30, unit soft and slightly charred.

Sauce:
Use vegan sour cream or vegan cream cheese. I used a cashew cheese base, thinned out with water and about a TB of squeezed lemon juice added.

Cheese:
I made my own Cheddar style cheese, which I'm not prepared to write down the recipe yet (i'll keep you posted though). Daiya Cheddar style shreds will work.

Preheat the oven to 475 with your pizza stone in the oven. After heated, carefully removed the stone with oven mitts, coat the bottom of the stone with olive oil and place your rolled out dough onto the stone. Dock you pizza dough by poking fork holes into the dough, avoiding the outer crust ring. Bake for about 12-15 minutes. To make the cheese ultra melty and gooey, turn on your broiler (the thing you probably use for storage underneath your oven), remove pizza and stone from the oven, put into your broiler for about 30 seconds.


That's my little girl, Hazey Jane : )

"Okay. Sounds like a case of the Mondays"


"t's NOT wrong. INITECH is wrong. INITECH is an evil corporation, all right? Chochkies is wrong. Doesn't it bother you that you have to get up in the morning and you have to put on a bunch of pieces of flair?"




Trailer:








5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say in ONE WORLD about this blog........... LOVELY, AWESOME,

    Puryhill.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic blog with a lot of useful information. I would love to get updates from you. Keep blogging. All the best. You can also find best place to set up your office in IT Park is getting easy in Wardha IT Park. The main object of Wardha IT Park is to provide best quality and cost effective space to the companies. For fruther Information about Office space in Wardha Visit us Today.

    ReplyDelete