Sunday, October 14, 2012

Birthday Breakfast- Cheesecake Stuffed Raspberry French Toast (vegan mofo)

I usually don't like to make a post without sticking to my blog's concept of movie and menu pairings BUT this breakfast I felt was just too epic not to post. I made it for my birthday morning which was actually back in April. Maybe pair this with a green smoothie and sauteed collards with tempeh bacon because there is no doubt, this is a sugar fest, it will be nice to balance it out with something savory and something with nutrients.

This was six months ago, so I don't remember the exact measurements I came up with. But I made a classic cashew based cheesecake filling with soaked cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil and lemon juice. For the french toast part, I like to use Chloe Coscarelli's recipe, it's always done right by me. And for the raspberry topping- just some pureed frozen raspberries in the Vitamix with a little maple syrup and lemon.

And look who gets to sit back and relax while I do all the work ;) . Henry has an excuse because he doesn't have thumbs but my husband needs to learn how to cook! In all fairness, he did offer to make me pancakes because he knows how to do that. But I insisted on making the breakfast.

6 comments:

  1. Why did I just have cereal and not some of your breakfast?
    Diggin the whole look concept story line of you blog.Very cool :)
    I am an April baby too, so is the hubs. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gigi :) You are probably better off with cereal, this one put me in a minor sugar coma ;) But a half portion is perfect!

      I was so happy when I found the image of that cat!

      Delete
  2. PS and that is one mighty cinematic cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing, I love French toast.

    ReplyDelete